Worcestershire DY11 7AR
INTRODUCTION TO ROCKET CARAVANS LTD
Rocket Caravans Ltd is one of the UK’s leading producers of retro aluminium caravans. British innovation and bespoke design give our customers a product that meet all the requirements and exceeds their expectations. Quality and excellence are at the forefront of our minds and taking care of our customers is paramount.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Rocket Caravans Ltd who own and run this website is the data controller and are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
www.rocketcaravans.co.uk is the website (referred to as “this website” or “our website” in this privacy notice).
[We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who oversees privacy related matters for us. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
Full name of legal entity: Rocket Caravans Ltd
Name and title of Data Protection Officer: Mr Peter Carrick (Director)
Email address: Contact me by clicking this link
Postal address: Rocket Caravans, Unit 4 Easter Park, Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY11 7AR
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us HERE
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUNDS WE PROCESS IT
Our website serves primarily as an information portal to help you better understand our types of caravans, other products and services. However, we offer several website functions that collect information you provide to us when you ask about or want to be kept informed about our products or services.
· Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
· Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
· Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details. Credit card/debit details are never disclosed to us as we use PayPal to process payments on your behalf. The only time we take credit/debit card details is if you telephone us and make a purchase over the telephone. Details are then processed and immediately cross-shredded. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
· User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
· Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
· Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We require your explicit consent for processing sensitive data, so when you submit your details, we will require you to give us your consent, by way of a checkbox or we may send you a further communication asking for you to confirm your consent to this processing.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We receive information you provide to us in your use of our websites, for example, when you add information to online forms or to data fields on our websites. We may also receive information from you by other online means, for example, if you comment on our social media pages. This will be the information that is visible to you, and may include your name, occupation, contact information (e.g. email, postal address and phone/mobile number) and general information you decide to share with us about our products and services.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if
- you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or
- you agreed to receive marketing communications, and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at HERE with the subject line 'Unsubscribe me'.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below
- Other companies in our network who provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Personal data may be sent directly to these entities by you (for example if you contact them by phone or email or via their website pages), or we may share personal data with them where appropriate to support with your queries or other service requirements.
INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our website use servers which are currently hosted in the UK. However, we may share website personal data with suppliers or group companies located outside of the EU where this is necessary for the purposes described above.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
HOW LONG WE HOLD PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it to provide the products and services you have signed up to. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, respond to queries and resolve any disputes, to meet our legitimate interests and to enforce our rights.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have rights in connection with your personal data that, with effect from the 25th May 2018 will include the following: to withdraw consent where you have given it, to be informed and have access to your personal data, to correct or complete inaccurate data, and in certain circumstances to restrict, request erasure, object to processing, or request portability of your personal data to another organisation.
We try to ensure that we deliver the best levels of customer service. if you do need or want to get in touch with us for any reason regarding your data protection rights, please get in touch with us using our email and add into the subject header that it relates to your ‘data protection rights’.
If you are not happy and have a data protection related complaint, please contact us direct either by telephone at +44 (0)1299 826326 or emailing us HERE.
You can see more about these rights at:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) is the supervisory authority that regulates personal data in the UK. You can get in touch with the ICO in any of the following ways:
• By going to their website: www.ico.org.uk
• By giving them a call on 0303 123 1113
• or by writing to them. Their address is: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We require all of our services providers to have appropriate measures in place to maintain the security of your information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access any personalised area in our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Your information will be kept in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures such as encryption technologies or authentication systems to prevent any loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure, destruction, theft or unauthorised access.
Rocket Caravans Ltd.
Let's build it together
To find out more about our products and services or to discuss any requirements you may have and how we can help, please contact us now on +44 (0)1299 826326 or click the button on your right...